Book a Tour
Muir Woods & Bay Cruise
Why You Should Go:
Take some time away from the bustling city with a retreat to the redwoods at Muir Woods and a cruise on the Bay
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Driving across Golden Gate Bridge
- Expert guide and commentary
- Bay Cruise
- Pick-up and drop-off from central San Francisco hotels (not available for those staying at hotels in the airport area)
- Tour of Muir Woods
- Admission to Muir Woods
- Bay cruise
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off (only with morning tour)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, except for wine
- Buses are air-conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. There are 28, 39 seat vehicles used for this tour.
Travel across the Golden Gate Bridge and through the rugged coastal mountains of Marin County. Experience magnificent views of the San Francisco Bay and valleys, where the Coastal Miwok once lived. Our first stop is Muir Woods National Monument, where ancient groves of Giant Redwoods (Sequoia Sempervirens) tower over Redwood Creek. Our 1¼-hour stop is the most time offered of any other tour company. Muir Woods entrance fee included.
Next, embark on a 60-minute Bay Cruise past the famous Pier 39 sea lions and along San Francisco’s historic waterfront, revealing the city’s fascinating skyline. After you sail under the Golden Gate Bridge, you’ll circle Alcatraz Island and see every angle of this mysterious island. Other attractions include Angel Island, the Ellis Island of the West, and the magnificent skyline of San Francisco. This comfortable Bay tour has both indoor and outdoor seating with full narration describing major landmarks as you sail by them. Harbor porpoises have returned to the Bay!